Personal Messages

\\ ♥ ...DON'T BE INSECURE IF YOUR HEART IS PURE .. YOU'RE STILL GOOD TO ME IF YOU'RE A BAD KID BABY... ♥ // --- \\ ♫ PLAYLIST ♫: RIHANNA - CALIFORNIA KING BED :: RIHANNA - CHEERS (DRINK TO THAT) //

August 14, 2010

Music Theatre

   Music theatre is broken down into three main sections: singing, dancing, and acting. These three sections create a performance, with the help of the director, choreographer, band, etc... The classes in SLC's Music Theatre Program include tap, jazz, ballet, modern dance, acting, history of musical theatre, music theory, voice and speech training, dance performance, performance, and even an anatomy class. On top of all this, we get one free vocal training lesson per week with the coach that best suits our voices and styles. I am so happy that I will be able to train in voice again. I loved seeing my vocal coach in grade 8. She helped shape what I have today. I owe her much thanks and appreciation for the things she has done for me! Thank you Sharon <3 Dancing is my way to unwind, and to feel the music in my bones. When I listen to music in my car, I am dreaming of the routines I would make to each song. I crave the knowledge to create my own expressions. I am absolutely extatic about training in dance! Plus, with all the dancing and working out, I will be in great shape in no time at all. I am slightly nervous for the acting, however, but that makes me even more determined to learn as much as I can to better myself. Overall, the entire program is going to be insanely busy and possibly stressfull, but this is how I am choosing to live the rest of my life. The business can be stressful and is definately busy, but with my creative satisfaction being extremely high all the time, I dont think I will notice at all. Nothing beats the feeling of performing on stage, however it may be.

   Throughout this blog I will post regular updates on what exactly us crazy music theatre students are accomplishing in school. I will post show dates, pictures, videos, and pretty much everything else! This is my journey, but your welcome to come along for the ride... :)