Personal Messages

\\ ♥ ...DON'T BE INSECURE IF YOUR HEART IS PURE .. YOU'RE STILL GOOD TO ME IF YOU'RE A BAD KID BABY... ♥ // --- \\ ♫ PLAYLIST ♫: RIHANNA - CALIFORNIA KING BED :: RIHANNA - CHEERS (DRINK TO THAT) //

August 11, 2010

The Beginning...

   The first real step I took to finally living my dreams was moving out of my father's home. It was scary, but incredibly freeing at the same time. I began to change my lifestyle. I was eating healthier foods and ridding myself of old habbits. After a month of living with my best friend, we decided to sign up at Curves for Women @ 51 Adam St, Belleville, ON. The owner and Circuit Coaches are incredible! They make me smile, keep me laughing, and keep me focussed on my fitness goals. After a few months of doing the regular fitness circuit, I began adding my own elements to my work out. I now do the Circuit, the hula hoop, arm circles, and over 300 crunches, 3 - 4 times per week. I am truely becoming a fitness junkie! With the pounds of weight and self doubt shedding off of my body, rapidly, I began to find myself, and find my long lost confidence. I had been pondering on how exactly I wanted to persue my dreams for quite some time. After a few discussions, and further investigation into the program, I decided to apply for the Music Theatre Programs at St. Clair College in Windsor, ON, St. Lawrence College in Brockville, ON, and Sheridan College in Oakville, ON. I soon after booked my auditions. First I would be auditioning for St. Clair College in Toronto, followed a few months later by St. lawrence College in Brockville. So I began rehearsing my songs, singing them repetatively, and went over my monologue a thousand times, until i thought I had them exactly to where I wanted them to be. Dance, however, would be the challenge.

   The atmosphere at the St. Clair audition was tense. Girls in real dance gear, boys in tight pants, everyone excited and full of life. I was scared, but I went for it! I completely blew the dance portion. The judges were laughing at me struggling to keep up, encouraging me not to give up in their subtle ways, but I couldn't even follow the choreographer's feet, so I knew that it was an epic fail. The singing portion was up next after a short vocal warm up. It was promising, and the vocal coach did hear me singing over the other auditionees, but when it came down to my songs, I was winded, hungry, and exhausted. I blew them. I couldn't get any power in my lungs, and because I knew how badly I blew it, I raced through my monologue just to run away as fast as possible. That day I cried a little, but I knew inside that it was just a really good learning experience and I now knew what to expect at St. Lawrence. I got the word a few days later that I was not trained enough to be accepted into their prestigious college. I cried a little that day too. But every fall has a climb waiting ahead, and that is what I was looking forward to.

   When I walked into the halls of St. Lawrence College, I felt comfortable, but nervous. A few 2nd year students came in and filled us in with all the details of the program, all of the highlights, and all of the advice they could offer. I began to feel much more comfortble and excited about this audition. The difference between this audition and the last was the order of operation. They were going to audition the singing and acting first, and then the group dance. I nailed my first song: Halo by Beyoncé Knowles. The judges loved it! I felt instantly releaved. They asked me to sing my second song and also perform my monogolue from the musical "Funny Girl". It's a great musical, find it in any movie store! This was different because the majority of auditionees did not even get to there second song let along their monologue! The dance portion was next. I really began to catch on after a few minutes of teaching! I was having the time of my life in that studio. The difference in auditions was the choeogrophy. St. Clair used extremely difficult movements, whereas St. Lawrence used beginner level. Between the two auditions I had began to chat with three other girls from the program. Before we left we all exchanged numbers and decided to become room mates if we had all been accepted. I drove home that day with such a deep feeling of peace and happiness. Dancing soothes my soul, and I was absolutely ready for more.

   I found out about a week later that I had been accepted into St. Lawrence College. I screamed in my car, jumped around at work, and told all my friends and family the good news. I then began the next phase of my journey. I spent the next few months accepting my request, applying for osap, registering for the program, and finding an apartment. The first few deals looked amazing but fell through. In the end, I found two 2- bedroom apartments, located within 5 minutes from the College, for myself and my three room mates. In this time, I also changed many routines in my life. Most importantly, my job and my friends. I had to let go of one very special person to me, but I do wish her well in her future! At the same time, though, I gained two very special friends. The job transformation was very positive for me. I vow never to return to Tim Hortons!

   Currently I am very busy packing and planning my move. Most importantly, however, I need the time to spend with my family and friends before I leave. It's funny how I never thought I would ever miss this place, but then a few months before I actually leave, I find more people who matter to me. It's going to be difficult to say goodbye, but I will be back every now and again... I promise! :)