Personal Messages

\\ ♥ ...DON'T BE INSECURE IF YOUR HEART IS PURE .. YOU'RE STILL GOOD TO ME IF YOU'RE A BAD KID BABY... ♥ // --- \\ ♫ PLAYLIST ♫: RIHANNA - CALIFORNIA KING BED :: RIHANNA - CHEERS (DRINK TO THAT) //

November 2, 2010

Intensives & Halloween


   So much has happened in 9 days. Last week we had "Intensives". Monday was Tap and Acting Through Song. Tap went amazing! We learned about the great tap artists from the past and we also learned a new routine. Tap is definitely one of my favourites! Acting Through Song also went great. I had the opportunity to sing 'Listen' from Dream Girls and it went really well. He taught me a lot about how to find my character in each song you sing. Tuesday we had Masters with two amazing Opera singers. I did not sing that day but they taught us a lot about how to find your character as well. Wednesday was really fun. We had a morning of Stage Combat and an afternoon of Commercial Work. In Stage Combat we learned simple punches and kicks. We had to make a story for each too. It was fun. Commercial Work was even more fun because we got to sing the 'Daisy' Sour Cream jingle, as well as a cell phone commercial jingle. We really got some good experience for recording a jingle. Thursday we had the morning off and then we had an Agent workshop in the afternoon. This workshop was a really great learning. I took 3 full pages of notes. It was very informative. Friday was our final day of intensives, and we wrapped it up with an Equity workshop and then a Hip Hop workshop. In Equity, it was really cool to hear every one's opinions and learning about the Actor's Union. Hip Hop was really fun. Although it wasn't true hip hop, it was a nice change of pace in style. It was more contemporary and lyrical with a little funk to it. I had a great time during intensives, but I am really glad to get back to regular classes.

   Throughout the entire week, I spent every single evening trying to reprogram my computer properly. It is the most frustrating process because if one thing messes up, you have to start all over again. So this is what I did... 6 different times! Keep in mind that each time it took me around 6 hours to get it to where I thought it should be. On Thursday I finally got it together properly. I really hope so anyway. I haven't turned my computer on since, and I am kind of scared to! I'm sure it'll be fine though.

   This weekend I decided to go home to visit my best friend and then my father. I needed some "me time". I needed time away from Brockville. I needed my best friend. So Friday night I left for Belleville around 2 PM. I got to Jess' place around 3:30 PM. We spent a good 3 hours hanging out and talking. It was great to catch up! Then we left for Kingston to pick up her sisters. We spent 3 hours running around Kingston. I was slightly annoyed but when we got back to her place, we hung out and had a great time. I slept over that night and went to my dad's on Saturday. We went out to my Grandma's and picked up the stuff my mother had sent down with them. I got a dresser and a bunch of kitchen stuff and sheets. I'm excited to see exactly what I got. I watched a movie with my Aunt that night and then hung out with my good friend Ali. Unfortunately, her father passed away last week. It was very sad, but true to herself, she still had a smile on her face. She is a very strong young woman! **R.I.P. ARTHUR RUTTER** We hung out for a bit and then I went back to my dad's and stayed up until 3 AM figuring out what I had to do on Sunday. Sunday morning was nice. Kenzie, our Chiwawa, curled up beside me and cuddled with me as I was laying in bed that morning. This was the first time he has ever done this, so it was very nice for me. I miss my little man ♥! I left my dad's early that afternoon and stopped at Jess' before I left for Brockville. I didn't stay long. When I got home I unpacked my car and chilled with Davin while watching a Paranormal State marathon. After that we went to our friend's place and hung out for a while. I left around 11:30 PM and hit the hay as soon as I got home. It was a great weekend.

   My program had a great time with Halloween this weekend. Everyone dressed up in their crazy costumes and went to the Halloween Pub on Thursday, the house party on Friday, and then they went to Ottawa to see the interactive version of Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm slightly disappointed that I missed out, but I am satisfied with my weekend. ♥